The ways that watermelon can mesmerise you throughout the hot season
Watermelon can be enjoyed as it is. However, to make it more exciting and appealing for kids and anyone who's not a huge watermelon fan, you can make it as a smoothie. It is an excellent thirst-quenching and refreshing drink.
It may be a little tricky to make a watermelon smoothie as watermelon itself is 92% of water. This means you will have watermelon juice instead of a smoothie if you toss cut watermelon cubes straight into the blender. The trick and tip to making a delicious thick watermelon smoothie are to freeze the watermelon cubes before making the smoothie. Then the other ingredients can give different effects to the texture.
There are a few ways to make a smoothie
refreshing yet filling.
- The blend of creamy coconut yoghurt with the frozen watermelon makes a perfect smoothie.
- If you prefer vanilla coconut yoghurt over plain coconut yoghurt in the recipe, you can add the vanilla to give extra sweetness.
- You could add coconut, almond, soy ice cream, or sorbet. Sorbets are dairy free and vegan, but it is always good to check if all ingredients are vegan-friendly.
- Another healthy and natural option to make your smoothie creamy and sweet is to add a fresh or frozen banana.
- Watermelon and banana go well together. But please note that if you add a banana to this smoothie, the banana's flavour will be more striking. You could go ahead if you love the banana taste in your watermelon smoothie.
What Fruit Goes Well with Watermelon in a Smoothie?
- Watermelon is perfect with various fruits, including bananas, strawberries, and tropical fruits like mango and pineapple.
- The more frozen fruits added, the thicker the smoothie will be.
- I love to pair watermelon with strawberry as the strawberry's flavour is not too overpowering. This combination allows the watermelon to keep its flavour and colour.
If you add frozen fruits with watermelon, you may need to add some liquid to help the smoothie blend and be drinkable. Here are a few options:
The best is to mix coconut water in the smoothie for the ultimate refreshment.
You can also use any plant-based milk you have if you don't have coconut water. You also can use cold water, but you may need a sweetener.