Sweet Potato & Amaranth Fritters with Garlic, Parsley Dip
Divine experience Vegan Recipes Hits: 124
- 1 large sweet potato - diced into small pieces
- 100g amaranth grain - cooked
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp coarse black pepper
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp vegan greek yogurt
(or plant-based alt)
- 1 garlic clove - crushed/grated
- a handful of fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp gram flour
- rocket - to serve
- Half fill a pan with water and heat over high heat until boiling. Add the sweet potato pieces to the pan, and reduce heat to medium. Leave to simmer for 20-25 minutes or until the sweet potato is soft and fully cooked.
- Drain the sweet potato pieces, and mash until a smooth mixture comes together. Place to one side to cool before progressing to the next fritter step.
- Meanwhile, prepare the parsley and garlic dip. Add the crushed garlic and finely chopped parsley to a small bowl, spoon in the greek yogurt and combine. Season with a pinch of salt and place to one side until ready to serve.
- Add the cooked amaranth grain, sweet potato pieces, gram flour, cumin, coriander, salt and pepper in a medium-sized bowl. Mix until just combined.
- You can use a non-stick frying pan or cast iron pan for cooking the fritters. Make sure to preheat the pan over high heat and reduce to medium heat right before cooking. Spoon 1 tbsp of the sweet potato batter into the pan. Repeat with up to four fritters, making sure not to overcrowd the pan. Cook the fritters on either side for 3 minutes until slightly charred.